Every business is different and they’re all going to market themselves in different ways. If they are marketing smart they’ll have one thing in common – they’ll attract new customers and keep their existing customers coming back.
How you market your business will determine its success.
- Marketing is about creating and maintaining connections between your business and your customers
- Advertising is part of your marketing plan and includes the promotion of your website, social media, posters and flyers
- Know who your customers are so that your can target them and develop marketing activities that appeal to those people
- Create a marketing plan based of the ‘Four Ps’ – Product, Price, Place, Promotion
- From the ‘Four Ps’ create a Marketing Plan that outlines your goals, budget, actions and timeframe
- Check your marketing plan regularly
Make your own marketing plan by working through our marketing plan worksheet
Here is a sample marketing plan for you to help you make your own plan.
If you would like to read an article introducing marketing for your small business, here’s the link:
“Richard, my Many Rivers business coach, gave me business marketing insights and encouraged and believed in me and my business. Richard believed that I could do it and was always encouraging me to keep going. That helped because it gave me hope that I could do something, which is huge.” – Leanne, Syd and Wynnie’s, Melbourne Victoria
Don’t stop now! There is so much more to learn about how to start, stay and thrive in business and we have plenty of resources to help you get there.
For a clearer understanding of what resources and topics we have available, take a look at our resources roadmap here and plan your learning journey now!
For existing clients, make sure you reach out to your business coach if you have any more questions about this topic. It is always a good idea to talk about what you just learnt. They might even have some more tips to share with you.
If you are new to Many Rivers, find out more about what we do by looking at some of our client stories. Each of our clients have a very different journey to share about their business and their experience working with Many Rivers. You can read about the different programs we have available here.
We want to encourage more and more people to take that first step towards building on their small business ideas, or their existing business.
We’re here to support you the whole way.
Please take the quick Small Business Self-Assessment and see if we are right for you.