Every business is different and they’re all going to market themselves in different ways. If they are marketing smart they’ll have one thing in common – they’ll attract new customers and keep their existing customers coming back.
How you go about marketing your small business will determine its success.
- Marketing is about creating and maintaining connections between your business and your customers
- Advertising is part of your marketing plan and includes websites, social media, posters and flyers
- Know who your customers are so that your can target them and develop marketing activities that appeal to those people
- Create a marketing plan based of the ‘Four Ps’ – Product, Price, Place, Promotion
- From the ‘Four Ps’ create a Marketing Plan that outlines your goals, budget, actions and timeframe
- Check your marketing plan regularly
Make your own marketing plan by working through our marketing plan worksheet
Here is a sample marketing plan for you to help you make your own plan.
If you’d like to watch our Introduction to Marketing video for more information on how marketing can help your business, click this link:
“Richard, my Many Rivers business coach, gave me business marketing insights and encouraged and believed in me and my business. Richard believed that I could do it and was always encouraging me to keep going. That helped because it gave me hope that I could do something, which is huge.” – Leanne, Syd and Wynnie’s, Melbourne Victoria
We hope you feel like you know more about marketing after listening to this podcast. If not, try out one of our other resources on this topic. Not everyone learns the same way. That is why we have videos and articles, and even some worksheets and podcasts on each topic.
For existing clients, make sure you reach out to your business coach if you have any more questions about this topic. It is always a good idea to talk about what you just learnt. They might even have some more tips to share with you.
If you are new to Many Rivers, find out more about what we do by looking at some of our client stories. Each of our clients have a very different journey to share about their business and their experience working with Many Rivers. You can read about the different programs we have available here.
Do you have a passion or small business idea? Or maybe you have a business that you would like to expand or that needs some business coaching support?
We’re here to help.