A business mentor is an experienced business person who provides support to a business owner*. Many Rivers has a diverse team of coaches that are highly skilled in mentoring local small businesses.
When you are taking the leap to start your own business, you might be entering new territory. That’s just part of what makes a business journey exciting! But you don’t have to do it on your own. Not only will a business mentor make your journey more enjoyable, but they can help you fast track through potential obstacles.
Here is a list of things that we think are the most valuable traits of a business mentor (and Many Rivers’ business coaches have them all!).
1. They know what to expect
“I wasn’t exactly sure about what I needed to do around the finances-side of things. Accounting and taxation – all of that. So, it was helpful to have Richard, my Many Rivers business coach to talk to. Richard and I talked about what needed to be done and in what order, to be methodical about it and to have a set plan.” – Samantha, Coordability, Melbourne VIC
2. They keep you moving forward
“Garry checking up on me is a form of accountability. When he checks in, it helps me regroup and make sure that I am getting things done.” – Fiona, Chocolate on Purpose, Sydney NSW
3. They have different skill sets to yours
“I have learnt how to run a small business because I didn’t know anything about it until Kris and Diana came on board, I just had beauty training.” – Shakira, Beautiful Again, Derby WA
4. They are there when you need a bit of encouragement
“Richard encouraged me to think about how there are a lot of different pets sitting businesses and what sets me apart.” – Lisa, Your Pets Best Friend, Newcastle NSW
5. And finally, everything is better when it’s done in a pair!
“It makes a huge difference to feel like someone is in your corner. Running a business on your own can feel a bit isolating at times. The mentoring has helped turn that into a structured plan that has helped enormously to not only manage my business but also enjoy running my business.” – Andy, Colour and Sound Creative, Newcastle NSW
Additional to all the valuable traits of a business mentor, here is a few of the services that a Many Rivers business coaches can offer you.
- Access to pro bono legal support through one of Many Rivers legal partners
- Access to a small business loan. Sometimes you might just need extra cash to get the ball rolling. Our business coaches will support you to recognise if you might need a loan and how much you require.
- There is a whole team of us. Our team is rich in diverse experiences and unique skills sets. Chances are that a member of our team has an answer to your question.
- Remote support. It doesn’t matter where you are located across Australia, our business coaches travel to nearly every corner of this beautiful country. We also offer remote support remotely. We are always a phone call or a text away. Don’t let you remoteness be a barrier to fulfilling your dreams.
- A community. Our business coaches have worked with many small business in your region. They might introduce you to another small business owner if they have a service that you require and vice versa. Additionally, they know the small things like what local support agencies you could access and the best place to get cheap printing. It is very useful to have a business mentor who can connect you to the right people.
Are you ready to take the first steps towards making your business idea a reality? Our Many Rivers business coaches will be with you every step of the way. Please take this quick Self Assessment and see if we are right for you.
Learn more about our business coaches by watching a Day In the Life of our business coaches with Joy from Perth WA and Kris from Broome WA.
Read more . . .